Kronski.blogspot.com

Musings from the poet laureate of frivolity
All Material Copyright © 2008 by Adam Strong


My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Observationist. Prone to posting in bursts, then remaining dormant for a few weeks.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's fitting, this sitting

It’s fitting, this sitting
In yesterday’s clothes,
Listening to the sterile music of the dishwasher
The flood goes on behind me, yet off to the side
There’s a bruised glow to the room as I type
Growing fuller, deeper and wider
A hesitation in the way my fingers hit keys
And I want to go back and do it all over again
Hit bat to ground, fist to chest and hollering sound
But it’s past, already recorded
And I don’t know how much of me is left
Of the rest of the mess
From yesterday’s waking wake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home