Kronski.blogspot.com

Musings from the poet laureate of frivolity
All Material Copyright © 2008 by Adam Strong


My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Observationist. Prone to posting in bursts, then remaining dormant for a few weeks.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Early January

I wanted to start earlier, right before the New Year hit, or while it was still taking place. Revelers in the streets of New York City would have their funny little glasses on, waiting for that illuminated ball to perform its anticlimactic act, and I would chronicle it in blog form.

But that didn't happen. I almost got a piece published, until the editor saw it in my blog -this same blog that lies before you- while he was doing research for the same, said piece. Because of this, my days of posting complete pieces are over. (I sent him something completely new, and from scratch.)

The feeling of having to start fresh left me startled. I realized that almost all of my good pieces (save for the two shipwrecked novels-in-progress that haven't been rescued yet) exist here in this blog for the world to see.

I had thought, in good faith, that this was the best way to showcase my work to my constituency. In the process, I had whittled my garrison of tales down to almost nothing. It was exciting and depressing all at the same time.

It’s like this. I write these pieces for myself, but I really enjoy writing them when I know someone I know will be reading them, preferably in the immediate future. Take that away, and I am not left with the same passions I had before, and left uncertain as to the possibility that anyone beyond a disgruntled editor will view my verbose proceedings.

It's a conundrum I'm bound to figure out over time. Until then, this blog will focus more on the musical side, the brief and very brief remarks, notes, scribbles and testaments of faith that one day all of this will be for the best.

Regards,

Adam Strong
kronski.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home