Kronski.blogspot.com

Musings from the poet laureate of frivolity
All Material Copyright © 2008 by Adam Strong


My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Observationist. Prone to posting in bursts, then remaining dormant for a few weeks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Excerpt from Love and Other Aquatic Creatures

There’s a kind sweet sense of emptiness on the water, listening to the tides wash up, tickling the coast line as gulls and couples walk arm in arm. Looking out at the ships in the Atlantic, I couldn’t help but think there was a way out of this, wandering from town to town just long enough to settle in one place, meet someone and then promptly move away before it became too
much.

Staring into the baby alligator tanks at the Aquarium, I’m with a woman I met only a few hours ago while sitting in a coffee shop.

“I think they’re like children, bobbing in a lake, vying for Mom and Dad’s Attention”

She let her eyes wander to the back of the tank when she said lines like that, and I felt a certain element only found in my favorite movies: of man and woman bonding over small aquatic creatures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home