Kronski.blogspot.com

Musings from the poet laureate of frivolity
All Material Copyright © 2008 by Adam Strong


My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Observationist. Prone to posting in bursts, then remaining dormant for a few weeks.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Excerpt from "New York Dolls and Rifles"

I took four of them, and put on “Heroin” by the Velvet Underground, and sat in the bathtub, filling it with warm water. Submerging myself, I watched the water level dance in front of me, listening to Lou Reed's wail, dragging me under the water level. Opening my eyes underneath the water, I can hear the bass lines reverberate as the lightsoftens. For a few minutes I can hear the song perfectly, my ear canal soaking up not only the water, but all that dissonance as I floated up out of the tub, and rubbed my face against the glass of the mirror, arms and legs floating at the top of a large water cooler, up inside the one in the view from the window, lying there, waiting for the darkness to envelop me, hearing the cacophony of sound take me under its wing, the whole band there around me: Lou Reed, Moe Tucker, John Cale and Warhol too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home